Friday, March 19, 2010

T'was the Night Before Atlanta......

Hey Everyone! I’m Troy Cotton. I have lived in Louisville, KY my entire life and I am involved in Greek Life and Centre Orchestra here at Centre. While I feel like I am involved on campus, I haven’t dedicated a large amount of time towards community service since I have been at Centre. I have done tutoring, and other activities around the Danville community, but once the opportunity to travel to another city to do service was presented, I couldn’t pass it up. I know that my spring break stories were going to vary from the typical college kid, but I am excited to experience the diversity.

Some of the main things I hope to accomplish on ASB are larger than just doing service for the community, but developing a sense of responsibility for the community in our collective group. I hope that we can collaborate with the other colleges and create a mutual learning experience.

I’m in the process of packing right now, and I am getting more excited as I pack each additional shirt and other items. I’m trying not to over pack, because I have a tendency to commit that sin. I know this trip is a little about minimalism, so I am trying to be conservative about the amount I pack. I can’t wait to embark on this trip and start getting my hands dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Centre College 2010 ASB Blog. Let us know what you think!